Myco RiseUp Conference
We would like to invite you to participate in the 3rd edition of MycoRise Up! Youth in Mycology Conference initiated by the Polish Mycological Society. It will take place in Warsaw between 27th and 29th of May 2022. The conference is co-organized by students from the Faculty of Biology (University of Warsaw), Botanical Garden (University of Warsaw), the Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics Polish Academy of Sciences, and the Biology of Microorganisms Students’ Society.
Main goal of the conference is to exchange mycological knowledge between young researchers such as undergraduate, masters, and PhD students. We guarantee a non-judgmental atmosphere with a possibility to learn from others (fellow students and more senior researchers from the scientific committee). We only accept active participants, i.e. you have to present your research in one of the following ways:
- 12 minute talk (with additional 3 minutes of discussion)
- scientific poster (A0, needs to be printed by the participant)
The scope of the conference is very broad – we invite all research that can be classified as mycology. We accept original research, as well as literature reviews. Scientific sessions will be announced once we identify the interests of participants via registration form.
- Nina Filippova (Fungarium of Yugra State University, Shapsha, Russia)
- Marcin Kotowski (Botanical Garden Center for Biological Diversity Conservation in Powsin, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland)
- Ondřej Koukol (Charles University, Faculty of Science, Prague, Czech Republic)
- Marlena Lembicz (Faculty of Biology, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland)
- Marcin Piątek (Szafer Institute of Botany, Polish Academy of Sciences, Cracow, Poland)
- Katarzyna Sułkowska-Ziaja (Faculty of Pharmacy, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Cracow, Poland)
- Monika Urbaniak (Institute of Plant Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poznań Poland)
- Mateusz Wilk (Faculty of Biology, University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland)
The Scientific Committee will accept presentations on the basis of the abstract evaluation. Abstracts submitted after the deadline will not be included in the abstract book. Submission of abstracts will be held via Google Forms.
The fee amount is yet to be determined; however it will not be higher than 100 PLN. We will announce the fee in mid-March. Other details about the fee and invoice can be found in the registration form.
- 06.03.2022 – deadline for registration (https://forms.gle/W7QmRdCzUtyS9hUk6)
- 03.04.2022 – deadline for abstract submission (submission form will be made available later)
- 29.04.2022 – deadline for fee payment
More information about the conference and all important details (e.g. localization, sleeping arrangements) can be found on our ever-growing website: http://www.mycoriseup.wixsite.com/konferencja/ and in the Facebook event (https://fb.me/e/1DfHBUoty). We encourage you to check it out!
- Alicja Okrasińska
- Igor Siedlecki
- Kamil Kisło
- Grzegorz Ostrowski
- Małgorzata Orłowska
- Beniamin Abramczyk